Gran Fondo Rhodes Tour 2016
The Gran Fondo Rhodes Tour 2016 will take place in beautiful Rhodes . The island will host the cycle sport event from 22 April- 24 April.
The “Rhodes GranFondo Tour” is the first stage race European qualifier event for the 2016, which gives to the participants and their families and escorts, the chance to enjoy both the Aegean countryside taking part to a high level cycling event, next to the sea. A perfect combination for vacation with cycling participation!
Regarding the Road Races events an individual timekeeping chip will be available. 2nd stage the official timekeeping will close 1 hour after the finish of the first rider. Despite to the 3rd stage which the timekeeping will close 1.5 hour after the first finishing rider. Riders arriving after this time will not be ranked.
The age groups are as following both for women and men: 19-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65+. The starting position will depend on the following parameters:
- Priority will be given to the 2015 participants in the World Final and their final ranking.
- The earliest enrolments in the race will be taken into consideration for priority.
Twenty counties will participate: Greece, United Kingdom, Canada, Korea, Turkey, France, ,Malta, Germany, Romania, Russia, Iran, Emirates, United States, Ukraine, Holland, Belgium, Italy, Australia, Israel and Cyprus.
The schedule will be:
22 April 14:30 individual time trial 21kms.
23 April 13:00 stage 1 UCI Gran Fondo Rhodes Tour 95 km.
24 April 09:00 stage 2 UCI Gran Fondo Rhodes Tour 113 km.
67km Gran Fondo Rhodes Tour Experience (non qualifier)
Participation Packages in double room, breakfast, lunch and dinner + Registration for 3 days races
- The Organizing committee offer to the participants registration fees according to the table below.
- The participants have to choose luxurious accommodation between MITSIS GRAND HOTEL 5*BLUE BAY HOTEL 4* (All Inclusive) & SUNLAND HOTEL 3* (All inclusive)
- For any other special request just ask us(triple room etc.) to: info[@]ugfws-rhodes.gr
- Payments via Paypal or bank transfer to SportsToursHellas bank account
- Registration without accommodation for all three races is charged 150€
Cheap car rental in Rhodes www.access-international.gr